Part-Time OpportunityFROM UNITED SERVICES BY PERMACO (www.unitedfirewater.com)
Want to help in an emergency and earn additional $$?
Part-Time Employment Available
United Services’ 1-800-BoardUp Division seeks candidates to play a key role in securing
residential or commercial buildings following a fire, storm, or other weather-related
occurrence. Work hours vary based upon availability but include weekends and evenings.
• Working alone or as part of a team, board up windows and doors, tarp roofs, etc. as
needed depending upon the nature of the disaster
• Maintain availability for on-call emergency services rotation and after-hours work
• Follow written safety and emergency services procedures
• Complete jobs in a way that meets efficiency, customer service, safety, and quality
• Follow supervisor's instructions
• Complete any necessary documents and report time worked accurately and efficiently
• Basic carpentry skills and mechanical aptitude, with experience using hand and power
• Able to lift 50 lbs. and have no health issues that would interfere with the physical
demands of the job, which involve climbing, working on ladders, being on roofs as well
as in tight spaces, and wet/dirty conditions.
• Positive attitude, ability to remain calm during stressful situations
• Good communication and customer service skills
• High school diploma or GED plus valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
We are also seeking a retired Fire or Police Chiefs to add to our 1-800 BoardUp staff of
Directors. This is also a part-time opportunity.
Resumes are being accepted by Cynthia Cobb, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.